Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Visiting old friends

The title doesn't refer to people...though that would be a good thing to do as well, probably not diet-wise, but soul-wise. But, really, it means looking at something your haven't looked at in a while. Last night I was talking to my sister. My very adorable and dear to my heart nephew, MJ, has been having some health issues, mostly related to his weight. The little guy is really skinny for his age...only in the 3rd percentile (if that means anything to you...it doesn't mean much to me, it just sounds scary!) It has meant a lot of visits to the Dr. and the nutritionist, just trying to figure what is wrong and how to fix it.
Finally, there is an answer! MJ is allergic is just about EVERYTHING! Peanuts, dairy, wheat, rice, soy, and probably a bunch of other stuff that I am forgetting. On top of that, he has some other thing that I can't remember what it is called, but it basically makes him want to throw pretty much everything up...good news about that is that is fixable, just needed some medicine...the allergies are here to stay though (for a while at least)
However, all those restrictions sure sound pretty familiar to me...sounds like MJ is going to be going primal! My sister isn't really familiar with this diet at all, so this morning, I was all set to mail her my copy of the Primal Blueprint Cookbook.
 
This book has over a hundred different recipes that are all gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free. Perfect for MJ. And for dieters, they are also all low-carb! I started to thumb through the book to tag my favorite recipes that I have tried, and I see all the beautiful pictures that fill the pages. I see a recipe for pumpkin muffins and think that I really should bake those for a quick breakfast on the go. The there are the yummy almond crackers, and those went so perfect with tuna...how can I give this book up when there are so many recipes I need to make now that I am back on the low-carb wagon!

I did what any practical sister would do...I jumped on Amazon and had them ship a copy over to my sister so I could keep my copy all to myself. I can't wait for the weekend to roll around so I can get to cooking up a storm!

Click on the amazon link above to purchase your own copy of this cookbook. There are so many great ideas in these pages. Mark Sisson, the author, gives great alternatives for those who are still missing the grains, and new favorites too!

*And just an FYI, even though this blog has like no readers, and no followers, so there is really no doubt about it, I am so not paid to even mention this book...I bought it with all my own monies and all that jazz...so this review comes from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment