Monday, August 29, 2011

A new discovery

porkI have never really been a potato chip eater so I haven't missed eating them on this new diet. But, I used to love eating fried chicken and other battered food that was fried. It is almost cruel how eating a low carb diet can be...here is a diet where the oil is not the enemy, but the breading on the outside! Well, in searching for new ways to prepare my old favorites, I stumbled across a suggestions...pork rinds. I have never eaten pork rinds before, honestly, they sounded pretty nasty...deep friend pork skins? No thank you. But I saw some folks using them as a breading by grinding them up, so I thought I would give it a whirl...and you know what. It's not so bad. Is it just like the real thing? No, it never will be...I made some Eggplant Parmesan last night...will eggplant breaded in ground up pork rinds, deep fried in olive oil taste the same as real breaded eggplant deep fried in corn oil? Nope, but it was so darn close, I don't even miss the other stuff. So far, I feel like I have been pretty successful with cutting the carbs. I have shed 10 lbs with just a change in the diet...I certainly don't starve myself, I just keep my carb intake to around 50g a day. I am planning on adding in some exercise soon and hopefully I will continue to feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment