Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day...9

I am clearly not a model blogger...but I will try to be better! In my battle to cut the carbs out of my life, I lost this weekend. :insert frown face: It all started on Friday afternoon. A bunch of my co-workers thought it would be fabulous to go out to lunch as a group. Of course they wanted pizza, and of course it had to be my first week into my new lifestyle! Ack! Not wanting to be a spoil-sport or the odd woman out, I went along, and I made sure to eat all of my giant salad to try to fill up on something other than delicious pizza. I fail...I still ate all of my mini personal pizza. After that, I kind of said to hell with it and went on a carb binge. Rice with my curry, popcorn at Harry Potter, pasta, and Chinese food...all spread out over the weekend. Sunday night, I felt like a failure.
But the good thing about life is every day, you get to start over...so I did. I am back on track! Last night I made some low-carb no bake cookies...I forgot to take pictures, but they look a little like poo anyways, so no pictures needed. I used this recipe, but I added some 70% cocoa to make them a little closer to the traditional no-bake cookies I had growing up. They are so yummy! Still not super healthy, so I can only eat one a day, but perfect for when I am feeling carb-deprived.
On to today's menu...
Breakfast:
     Natural Peanut Butter
     Apple
Lunch:
     Spaghetti Squash with parm cheese
     Yummy no bake cookie
Dinner:
     Chicken Thigh
     Brussel Sprouts in butter

No comments:

Post a Comment